Wednesday, May 26, 2010

CAT Scan with California Ear Institute - Dr. Roberson

California Ear Institute and Dr. Joseph Roberson.  May 26, 2010.  At this point, Ben was four years and seven months old.  I had decided to give up on the possibility of my insurance ever covering a low dose CAT scan, so I had called Dr. Roberson's office, and they happened to have a cancellation, so I quickly planned to cancel all of my appointments and drive with Ben to San Francisco the following day.  We got a 3:30PM appointment, so we could leave first thing in the morning and get there with plenty of time.

This was the first time that I had met/seen Dr. Roberson since Ben was an infant, and re-meeting Dr. Roberson - he was very nice and reassuring.  He came into a room and reviewed the results with us while my husband was on speaker phone (by cell phone - Dr. Roberson's patient rooms do not have any wired phones).  He indicated that Ben was rated an "8 out of 10" with 10 being the best.  He said that 8-10 ratings are good candidates for canalplasty.

It nice to hear that we had the option to do canalplasty if we chose to do so.  A lot of things to think about...The CAT scan was about $1,000.  I explained to Dr. Roberson that I was paying out of pocket, and he very kindly gave me a discount.  Yet another example of how these doctors don't do this for the money - they seem to really care about their patients.  It was a really kind gesture that I appreciated greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment